LIGHT Helmets offers reconditioning services for all LIGHT and SG Helmets at our global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
LIGHT Helmets extends a 5-year shell warranty from the date of purchase. LIGHT Helmets must be reconditioned once every two (2) years to maintain all warranties on the LIGHT Helmet.
Standard reconditioning options include:
Level 1: $88 + shipping
- Breakdown, inspection and sanitizing of all parts of the helmet.
- Shell will be sanded and repainted.
- Liner will be cleaned.
- Fit pads may be left in the liner or taken out at customer’s request.
- Comfort Kit replaced.
- Facemask will be replaced.
- Hardware will be cleaned and/or replaced.
- Jaw pads will be replaced.
- Trim will be replaced.
Level 2: $60 + shipping
- Same service as Level 1; however, the facemask will not be replaced.
Level 3: $30 + shipping
- Breakdown and inspection of all parts of the helmet.
NOTE: Additional charges may apply for custom paint colors for the helmet.
To submit your LIGHT or SG Helmet for recondition:
- Fill out the INDIVIDUAL or TEAM Recondition Form and be sure to include your selection of a recondition level.
- Send your helmet(s) to: LIGHT HELMETS, 5670 El Camino Real, Suite B, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Include the recondition form with your helmet.
- A LIGHT Helmet representative will follow up to confirm your order, confirm final charges/payment and provide a projected delivery time once an initial inspection of the helmet is completed.
PLEASE ALLOW 8 WEEKS FOR RECONDITIONING
ALL MOUTHPIECES, VISORS, CHINCUP SLEEVES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE HELMET PRIOR TO SUBMISSION. LIGHT HELMETS WILL NOT RETURN THESE ACCESSORIES IF THEY ARE NOT REMOVED FROM THE HELMET.
ALL TEAM OR MULTI-HELMET ORDERS SHOULD FILL OUT THE ATTACHED TEAM FORM AND IDENTIFY ANY HELMET BY HELMET RECONDITION INSTRUCTIONS.
Download your form to get started:
Cost of Ownership Calculator
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
- Failure rates of competitive helmets at reconditioning can range between 25%-35% meaning each failed helmet will need to be replaced with a new helmet. LIGHT Helmets will guarantee that each LIGHT helmet will pass its first 2-year reconditioning and the failure rate at each subsequent 2-year reconditioning is expected to only be 5% thereby saving a team considerable money in acquiring replacement helmets.
- Some competitors require reconditioning to be performed annually while LIGHT Helmets are only required to be reconditioned once every two years thereby saving significant annual costs.